Rules and regulations are important to keep order and avoid chaos. But there might be some laws that can hinder the growth of your business. Moreover, the activities might not even be illegal in other countries. There are some projects in which you might be seeking some privacy. However, it’s not necessary that your host would comply with that. So, sometimes it becomes important that you opt for best offshoring your web hosting for your online business.
If you are hosting a website on servers that aren’t located in the US, it’s called offshore hosting. People usually opt for this when they are looking for full freedom while expressing their opinion along with privacy and security.
The best features of a good offshore host include the acceptance of cryptocurrencies, liberal usage policies, and a commitment to providing the utmost privacy. Some of the prominent businesses that need offshore hosting include gambling, tobacco, alcohol, pornography, etc.
Why Would You Need Offshore Hosting?
Offshore hosting provides the website owner increased anonymity. Some businesses have national regulations that can hamper them to bloom to their full potential. But opting for an offshore web hosting helps escape censorship, gives freedom of press and speech, and avoids DMCA takedown requests.
If you are feeling restricted by the government laws about what you are allowed to show on the internet, offshore hosts will reduce the legal barriers to a great extent. There are some activities that are illegal in the States. However, if you are using an offshore server based in another country where it is all legal, you can easily keep your business safe and free from any troubles.
If you have a site selling or streaming pirated content, there is a chance that the original author can send a DMCA notice to the host asking them to take down your website. However, most offshore hosts won’t even pay attention to such notices. It’s because DMCA is American copyright law. Only if the host complies with DMCA, the host can shut down your site. However, if the servers are outside the States, a DMCA notice can’t do much harm.
So, if you don’t want your site to be shut down legally, an offshore web hosting provider is the way to go. Now, before opting for one, you would want to make sure that you’re choosing the best and the one that aligns with your goal. So, after extensive research, we have picked the top 3 best offshore hosting providers to save you from the trouble of sifting through sites.
Top 3 Best Offshore Hosting Providers – Buy Today – Limited Time Offer
|Hostinger||Extremely Fast, Secure And User-Friendly Website Hosting||$3.49 Per Month|
|OneHost Cloud||High Performance Cloud Hosting||$2.00 Per Month|
|Abelohost||Secure Offshore Hosting Guaranteed With Total Privacy||$6.49 Per Month|
Before sharing our full review of offshore hosting providers. We just want you to know that normally People often assume running a website on offshore hosting involves illegal business but that is not the case. The basic concept of offshore web hosting is nothing but putting your data in a server which is far away from your country. So, Here is a list of the top 3 offshore hosting providers. Let’s dive into the details…
Hostinger is a web hosting company that came into existence in 2004. You can estimate how popular they are by knowing that they have over 15,000 signups in a single day. Based in Europe, Hostinger serves around 29 million customers across the globe. The best part of using Hostinger is low pricing options in their plans. Some plans are as affordable as $0.99 per month.
Hostinger mission is to make their customer life easier and smooth with easy to use, reliable and fast web hosting services.
- High Scalability – There is a plan for every need. If you start micro, you can easily upgrade as your scale-up.
- Best for WordPress Sites – The one-click WP installation is automatic and quick. The LiteSpeed-powered backend provides optimization options to ensure fast, secure, and reliable websites.
- Easy to Use Control Panel – Even if you have little to no experience in website development, you can easily use the control panel.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee – You can try Hostinger’s services for almost a month and if you don’t like it, you can discontinue and get the money back. It offers various payment options such as Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Discover, Bitcoin, American Express, Maestro, and JCB.
- Must Log In To Access Live Chat – The live chat feature is accessible only to the users who are logged in. If you want to get in touch with them without logging in, click the ‘Contact Us’ button at the bottom.
- Mandatory Charges for Extra Domains – If you are opting for business or shared hosting plans, the first domain name registration is for free. But you have to pay for any extra domain.
- Protection from DDOS
- Protection from Malware
- SSL certificate Free of Cost
- Freedom of Choice for Server Location
With 10 Gbit networking and ultimate reliability, OneHost Cloud is an ideal choice for those looking forward to a high-performance site. With high uptime and great emphasis on security and privacy, the hosting platform offers a superior experience for all customers.
The platform offers plans for all needs which start from $14.99 a month. This plan offers the Latest Kali Linux Version, Instant Provisioning, Remote Desktop Access, and Public IPv4 Address. Not only that, but the customers also get up to 8GB memory and up to 8 CPU Cores. All in all, the platform is dedicated to delivering services with tight security.
The company is popular for adopting new technology trends and frequently updating its platform accordingly. However, OneHost Cloud also makes sure that it doesn’t compromise performance and uptime over trends.
- Enhancing Pentesting Abilities – The platform boasts a pentesting expertise, thanks to secure networks, cybersecurity firms, and ethical hackers. You can also use Kali Linux VPS Hosting machines and Backbox VPS to improve the pentesting abilities.
- Better Network Security – Most cybersecurity companies that seek a network with a high-performance use OneHost Cloud. OneHost Cloud boasts high network security, thanks to its dedicated security team.
- Cloudlinux Protection for The cPanel – The enhanced cPanel comes with Cloudlinux Protection which acts as an extra layer of security. The site is optimised for ultimate reliability and performance. 10Gbit networking and SSD Storage ensure high speed.
- CageFS Security – All the shared hosting plans from OneHost Cloud come with CageFS security. This ensures that there is no threat to users from other customers on the same server.
- Ideal For Startups – You can let the sales team know about the requirements of your business. They can recommend useful packages for business startups that won’t break their bank. The platform offers robust hosting services to help small businesses build a digital presence for their brands.
- Free SSL – They offer free SSL with shared hosting plans along with a managed cPanel and DDoS protection.
- Sometimes Slow Response From Customer Support – Some users have mentioned that the customer support team was not as prompt as they should be with queries and issues.
- Upgrades Can Confuse Beginners – The upgrades can cause changes that can confuse beginners. However, if you are experienced in the field of web development, upgrades are not likely to cause any inconvenience to you.
OneHost Cloud Features
- High-Performance pentesting machines
- Multiple Kali Linux distributions
- Bug Bounties
- Elite Support
- Ideal for penetration testing and Cybersecurity Professionals
- Secure Network
- Ultra-Fast 60-second Provisioning
With its origin in the Netherlands, Abelohost came into existence in 2012. It’s one of the leading offshore hosting providers with privacy deeply imbibed in its core values. Their content policy is extremely flexible which results in the customers having better freedom of speech on their websites.
They never share the data of their clients with any third parties and do not care much for data censorship. In fact, they are actively against it. The platforms wide array of plans include offshore shared hosting, dedicated server hosting, VPS, and offshore domains. You can use their services for the long term, thanks to their enhanced scalability.
- Affordable Pricing – Abelohost provides affordable options for its plans. However, this doesn’t mean they sacrifice the quality, reliability, and performance over it.
- Invested in The Current Technology – Their durable infrastructure ensures negligible to no shutdowns while utilising the maximum possible speed and power. They upgrade their RAM, storage drives, and processors every year. The platform also collaborates with the TIER II data centre to ensure the highest level of protection for their infrastructure under the toughest conditions.
- A Step Further With Advice – Their support team can handle any queries related to hosting. Moreover, they can also take a step further and advise customers about website design, marketing, and business development for free.
- Wide Content Acceptability With Enhanced Privacy and Security – They accept a wide range of content without causing trouble to the site owner. The Dutch laws ensure total data privacy to the customers and a guarantee of data security. They privately own all the hardware which is accessible only to the datacenter personnel and the Abelohost team.
- Limited Support – Unlike other popular hosting providers, Abelohost’s support is somewhat limited to phone calls and live chat. Moreover, the support is not available throughout the day. You can contact the support team only during work hours. So, those who are used to instant support might find it a bit inconvenient.
- DDoS Protection
- Continuous Server Monitoring
- Multiple OS
- Free of Cost SSL Certificate
So, these 3 offshore website hosting are the best in the industry. I have used most of the offshore hosting in past 5+ years and I found these top on the list. I did the research and reviewed them personally before writing this review. If you are looking for an offshore hosting then definitely go with these hosting companies.
Now, that you know better about offshore hosting and in what cases you should opt for it, it’s time to choose the best offshore host. Since there are so many different options to choose from, the decision-making process can be an overwhelming one. This is the main reason why we have listed the top 3 offshore web hosting providers in 2020.
You can make an informed decision after taking into account the requirements of your project. Once you have sorted out your needs, look into the details of what the above-mentioned three platforms provide and match it to your needs. Thus, you can decide accordingly.
Is There Any Offshore Hosting Available Free Of Cost?
Usually, offshore hosting options come with a price tag, mostly affordable though. There are costs the web hosting platform incurs such as electricity bills, rent for the data centre, infrastructure maintenance, etc. Even if you managed to find a free hosting plan, the functionalities are going to be really limited.
What Is Offshore VPS?
Offshore VPS refers to hosting platforms which have their virtual private servers located in another country or countries, not the one in which the customer lives.
Why Is Offshore Web Hosting Costly?
The only reason behind some offshore hostings being expensive is because it costs them a lot to offer it. One of the biggest expenses is the cost of transoceanic data transfer. Of course, the companies also have to bear associated web hosting costs. Another factor that leads to high-priced offshore hosting is backup generators to prevent shut down. Some shores also have to utilize the services of law firms to prevent violation of international or local laws.
What Is Bulletproof Hosting And It Is Of Importance To Cybercriminals?
Bulletproof hosting basically refers to the leniency the hosting provider offers to customers on what they can do. For instance, bulletproof hosting is the favorite for bulk email spammers. There is a separate cPanel for such hosting known as bulletproof cPanel. The hosting plan is called a bulletproof VPS plan.
What Is A DMCA-Ignored Web Hosting?
DMCA-ignored web hosting is when a company allows the customers to publish pirated or plagiarised content on its servers. The infraction of material that is copyrighted is illegal under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. In case the copyright holder sends a DMCA notice, a DMCA-ignored hosting provider won’t pay much heed to the notice. They will just ignore it.
Disclosure – We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
If there’s anything you think I’ve missed – talk to me in the comments below!
Like This Post? Share It With Your Friends! And For More Tips On How To Make Passive Income Online, Make Sure You Check Out The Following Posts…