Learning how to get followers on Snapchat can be a little hard to crack. There are about 200 million users who use Snapchat on a daily basis.
This means that you can’t replicate the tactics that you use on Instagram to increase your followers. However, with some old-school tricks and a fair understanding of the various features of Snapchat, you will be able to efficiently increase your following on Snapchat.
Read Here – How To Make $3,000 Per Month With Snapchat
In this guide, we will provide you with 15 effective strategies that will enable you to gain more followers on Snapchat.
15 Tips On How You Can Get More Followers On Snapchat…
Have A Crystal Clear Strategy
In order to properly grow followers on your Snapchat, you should have a solid strategy for social media marketing.
These are some of the things that you must include in your daily marketing strategy for growing Snapchat followers:
- Marketing objectives – One of the things that should be your marketing objectives is to discover how you can get more followers on Snapchat. Maybe you also have other objectives such as sales, web conversions, video views, etc. A sound strategy should comprise all the aspects with easy solutions to achieve them.
- Target Audience – It is crucial to know the kind of content your Snapchat friends like to see.
- Brand Story – Is there a brand story that you wanted to share? All campaigns should have a storyline and a solid concept that your Snappers can follow instantly.
- Brand Look – Similarly, your campaign has to be aesthetically unified. Choose suitable themes, imagery, colours and typefaces that will go well with your story.
Increase The Discoverability of Snapchat Account
Considering how discoverability on Snapchat is hard, it is vital that you share that your Snapchat is present in other places too.
You can use your social media handle and Snapchat icons and link back to snapchat.com/add/username. You also have the option to directly promote it using the scannable Snapcode.
Places where you can promote your presence on Snapchat:
- Websites – Usually people use Snapchat icon on the website’s header, footer or in sidebar too in order to promote the brand’s various social media accounts. If your blog/website have a contact page, you can add that there as well.
- Blog Post Footer– In most cases, if someone is checking out and sharing your blog post, they would be interested in knowing what your Snapchat Id is. Hence, you can use a suitable blog sign off such as “Do follow my Snapchat in order to find out more about this”
- Email Signature – Sharing links to your social media profiles in the footer of your email is a common practice. Make sure that you put Snapchat as one.
- Newsletter – In case your brand features a newsletter, make sure that it includes call-outs for the reader to follow you on Snapchat. You can also add a Snapcode/Snapchat USER ID in the footer of the E-mail.
- Business cards – You can also give business cards with your Snapcode on them.
Use Different Social Media Platforms For Promoting Your Snapchat Account
Your fans and followers on different social media sites might want to know what’s going on with you on Snapchat as well. Hence, if a brand has a presence on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube or LinkedIn, you should display your Snapchat ID on these platforms as well.
If money is not an issue then you can also consider using Ad services on Facebook or Google in order to promote your Snapchat account.
Tell Amazing Stories
Make sure that you make your stories interesting so that there are higher chances of them lying in the snapchat ‘For You’ section. You can consider some of these formats for your story:
- Hook – Get your follower’s attention with the help of a catchy headline
- Storyboard – A story should be able to live up to the catchy headline
- Brief – Make sure that it is brief as attention spans might not be as long as you think
- Geofilters – This feature can come in extremely handy in high-traffic areas.
- Music – Add both music as well as sounds in order to add to your narrative.
- Caption videos – The story should be accessible even to the ones who are not using sound
- Lingo – Be updated and use the latest lingo and slangs
- Quiz and polls – Create quizzes as well as polls in order to keep your viewers engaged
Share High-Quality Content
A good story needs to be accompanied by good quality in order to work well. Here are some Snapchat specifications that you must keep in mind:
- File Size – A Maximum of 5MB image, 32 MB should be the maximum size of a video.
- File Format – .jpg, Image or .png. File format for Video: .mov, .mp4, and H.264 encoded).
- Fullscreen Canvas should have an aspect ratio of 9:16 And 1080 x 1920 px.
Strengthen your knowledge on lesser-known features for unique content
Here are some tricks that will enable you to boost your followers on Snapchat:
- Use maximum three filters on one snap
- Frame the snaps using characters
- Change colours of words
- Pin emojis on moving targets
- Keep switching between the front camera and rear camera when you are recording
Create Filters and Lenses
Branded filters and lenses are one of the best ways to increase your brand’s presence on the Snapchat app.
Better the filters and lenses are, the higher the chances of them being shared are.
Run Different Contests
A good way to gather followers on Snapchat is by hosting contests.
Follow-and-enter contests often have a major effect. When you follow up with new and good quality content will make sure that the new followers are on board.
Even if your budget is not that big, it will work. A free of cost product or a monetary reward will be enough. The other option is to try and obtain a sponsor from any partner company.
Host A Takeover
There are two ways in which you can do this; either you can have a guest on your own channel, or you can be a guest on someone else’s channel.
In both cases, the larger the audience base of the partner’s audience, the more effective it will be.
Develop Partnership with Famous Publishers
Similar to a takeover, a publisher partnership will allow you to promote in front of a brand new Snapchat audience. Since a lot of publishers feature in the Discover channel, your brand will get high exposure.
Furthermore, the publishers are extremely good at storytelling.
Post with Consistency and At The Same Time
Takeovers, contests, and publishers will not be effective if you do not post consistently. Being consistent will enable you to engage your already existing audience and acquire new followers.
Snappers spend about 30 minutes on the Snapchat app each day and check the app about 20 times in a day. Hence, it is important to figure out the peak times and how to create sufficient content for keeping them engaged.
Tap Different Trending topics
Each month, Snapchat publishes different trends on the blog. Every post covers different trending topics worldwide and, of course, in the US, trending media, popular emojis, celebrities, slang, etc.
Create Content For Context
Tailor your content according to the context. For instance, people spend a lot of time rummaging through Snapchat especially during holidays or cultural events. Statistics show that Snapchat has the maximum users during holidays. Hence you can keep your stories related to this particular event in order to make your content more relevant.
Try Snapchat Ads
Snapchats ads are a series of snaps as well as stories inserted into the snaps or stories of other users. Do make sure that your target is based on the audience’s interests.
Also, make sure that you include a call-to-action directly for people to follow.
Snapchats analytics will allow you to assess your success at fulfilling your objectives. Find out things related to your audience, content reach, story views and their times, and other important statistics in order to evaluate your method of gaining followers.
Moreover, you must also check your follower count frequently. You can record the changes in your follower count before and after a campaign.
Video Source – Sarah Peretz
If there’s anything you think I’ve missed – talk to me in the comments below!
Like This Post? Share It With Your Friends! And For More Tips On How To Make Passive Income Online, Make Sure You Check Out The Following Posts…