Are You Looking To Create A WordPress Website? Starting A Website Can Be A Terrifying Thought Specially When You’re Not Techy. Don’t Worry, You’re Not Alone.
Here’s The Most Comprehensive Step By Step Guide On How To A Create A WordPress Website Without Learning How To Code…
Basic WordPress Requirements
1. A Domain Name – Get Domains From GoDaddy – Easy, Cheap & Hassle Free Process – Official Website Link With Discount Applied
2. A Reliable Web Hosting – Get World’s Best Unlimited Domains Web Hosting Plan With 1 Free Domain From iPage $1.99 Per Month Only
iPage, Hostgator, Bluehost, Fatcow, Bigrock And 100+ Big Hosting Companies Owned By Endurance International Group. So They All Are Same Web hosting Companies With Different Names. I Highly Recommend iPage Because It Is Most Affordable Hosting And They Have Best Customer Support For Beginners.
What is WordPress?
- An Open Source Content Management System (CMS)
- WordPress rules the web. Over 33.6% of the web is powered by WordPress.
- Initially a blogging platform – no longer just for blogs.
- It is completely customisable by the use of themes and plugins.
Steps To Get Started
Required steps to Install WordPress on your website.
- Register a Domain name
- Signup for an affordable unlimited hosting service (iPage – $1.99 Per Month Only)
- Point the domain from the domain registrar to the host’s server by setting the DNS
- Then you can Install WordPress to the ROOT directory on the server. WordPress is NOT a program to install on your computer.
Before Getting Started, We Need Some Information on the database. You will need to know the following items before proceeding.
- Database Name
- Database Username
- Database Password
- Database Host
After Config. All These, you’ll need to go – http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/install.php
- Enter the details for your newly created MySQL database and press the Submit button
- Set the User Name as root and leave the Password blank for localhost.
On the next screen you will have to enter the information about your
- Administrative username
- Password for admin panel
- Email ID
- Title of your new site.
Once you fill in that information, press the Install WordPress button. You should specify a real Email address. It can be later used in case you forget your password.
Check this image to for an example
That’s it! Your new WordPress application is installed. You can use the Login In button to access your administrative backend and start posting in your new site.
WordPress Installation By Fantastico
Step 1 – First, Login To Your CPanel and then search for Fantastico De Luxe Icon. (Smiley Face Icon)
Step 2 – Search For WordPress and click on that link.
Step 3 – After that, Choose New Installation Link As shown in the image Above.
Step 4 – Decide the location for your website – if you’d like to have it as your website front page then leave the directory option blank, otherwise fill in the appropriate folder name.
Next, fill all the Administrator details and your E-mail then Click On Install WordPress button.
Step 5 – You will see a new confirmation page will be loaded for the wordpress installation. After that Click on Finish Installation.
Step 6 – After completing the wordpress installation the final screen will load with the installation details. You can E-Mail these details to a specified address, in order to keep them for future reference.
WordPress Admin Panel
- Login to your WordPress admin with /wp-adminafter your domain name (e.g. http://yourdomain.ca/wp-admin)
- The admin panel of your site is the backend where you control your site content. The frontend is what visitors to your site see.
- Log into WordPress admin panel using your username and password
Let’s take a look…
You can open dashboard by adding /wp-admin to the end of your website’s url (Example – yourwebsite.com/wp-admin)
The WordPress Dashboard is a first screen which can be seen after logging into the Admin area of your website which will display the overview of the website.
Dashboard Menu Options
How To Manage WordPress Themes?
In Appearance Menu of WordPress, You can customize theme for you WordPress site
- The overall appearance of a WordPress site is controlled by the Theme. Although there is a default theme that comes installed with WordPress, But most people will either download a new theme, purchase one, or have one custom designed and built.
Selecting & Installing your Theme:-
- Clicking on the Appearance menu option will default you at the Themes screen. The theme that is currently active is shown at the top of the screen. Under that section all the other themes that are installed, but not currently in use, are mention.
- To change your site to another Theme, click the Activate link of Theme which you would like to switch. you can click the Save & Activate link in the top left corner of the window to activate the theme. Clicking on the Install Themes tab at the top of the page allows you to search the WordPress site for new themes as well as install them directly from within your Dashboard.
1. Install WordPress Themes
2. Customizing your Theme
- For the currently active theme, clicking the Customize link or the theme thumbnail image allows you to update various settings And also previewing those changes. Until you click the Save & Publish button, only the theme preview window is updated, not the theme on your live site.
- The options that you can change will be dependent on the individual theme.
- Pages are for your more static content – they don’t change very often
- Page Templates – are theme specific layouts, such as no sidebar
- Posts are entries in your blog (articles, news items)
- Usually in reverse chronological order, newest on top
- Typically organized into categories (archive pages)
- Display meta data: i.e. date, author, tags, categories
Let’s look at pages & posts
How To Create A Page In WordPress
To Create a new Page, Click on the Pages menu option in the left hand navigation menu. Then Click on add new page from the dropdown menu. You will be presented with a page similar to the next image.
And Here on this page..
- First Add Title for your Page
- Than in Body section Add your Rich Media Content
- Add Featured Image for Page
- Once your Content is added, you can Publish your Page or save it as a draft.
How To Create A Post In WordPress
To Create a new Post, Click on the Post menu option in the left hand navigation menu. Then Click on add new Post from the dropdown menu. You will be presented with a page similar to the next image.
And Here on this page..
- First Add Title for your Post
- Than in Body section Add your Article
- Add Featured Image for Post
- Select Category for your Post
- Add Tags For your Post
- Once you have done, you can Publish your Post or save it as a draft.
How To Manage Widgets In WordPress
- WordPress Widgets add content and features to a site’s sidebars, header & footer – depending on theme
- Simply drag & drop to add, arrange, and remove widgets in the widgetized areas of your theme.
- Plugins will often add additional widgets – e.g. Jetpack
Let’s look at how to Manage widgets
How To Use Plugins In WordPress
- A Plugin is an add-on code package.
- You can install Plugins to extend and expand the functionality of your WordPress Site.
- Once a Plugin is installed, you may activate it or deactivate it.
- To Add New Plugin Click on “ADD New Plugin” In plugin Menu.
- Then Simply Search for the Plugin and then click on “Install Now”(e.g. All In One SEO Pack)
- In addition to free plugins there are premium plugins you purchase
The various Settings options are used to configure your WordPress website. Normally, once your WordPress website is set up there is no reason to change any of these settings. Let’s have a brief idea on these all settings options.
- General Settings
If you are looking to configure your basic website preferences such as Website Title, Tag Line, WordPress site address, date format, time format and other things then you have to click on General Settings.
Your WordPress address (Website URL) is the location of your WordPress core file. Your website address (Website URL) is the address you should use for your website homepage. Normally, These two Url’s are the same.
- Writing Setting
The Writing settings configure various options with regards to writing your site content. This Settings include defining the default size of the Post Box (i.e. The height of the Visual editor), the default Post Category, Post Formats and Link Category and publishing options.
- Reading Settings
The reading settings define how your website is viewed. You can set whether your front page displays a static page or blog post, how many blog posts you want to display as default in your homepage.
- Discussion Setting
The Discussion settings define how your site interacts with other blogs and how your readers interact with your site. You can configure, whether readers can post Comments or not and if Yes then how those Comments will be moderated and displayed on your website.
The media settings in WordPress allows you to set the image sizes that are used within your WordPress site along with the website location where those images are uploaded and how they are categorised.
You can also configure how WordPress handles embedded media from other sites. For example, links to Flickr, YouTube or Twitter.
The Privacy Settings control who can and cannot view your website.
The Settings Permalinks Screen allows you to choose your default permalink structure. You can choose from common settings or create custom URL structures. You must click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen for new settings to take effect.
- Note:- You Should Use “Post Name” Option to Make Your Site’s URL More User Friendly As Well As SEO Optimize.
We believe that WordPress is a long term solution because of the freedom it offers organizations. Since you don’t have to know programming to create and update your website, it frees you from dependency on employees, volunteers that you may have had to rely on before to update your website. The ease of use also frees up a lot of your time that would otherwise be spent in training. Most importantly, being an open ecosystem, with all the plugins, themes, and developers available, WordPress frees you from being locked into an antiquated or unsuitable website.
So What are you waiting for? Got an idea for a website you’d like to get off the ground? We are ready to Help you Around. Contact Us Today…
Like This Post? Share It With Your Friends! And For More Tips On How To Make Passive Income Online, Make Sure You Check Out The Following Posts…